The Competition is open to pianists born on or after January 1, 1988.
Application forms must arrive at the Secretariat's office between February 1 (Thursday) - April 15 (Sunday), 2018 (Japan time).
Application must be made either online or by post. Also entry fee must be paid by the application closing date.
* Registration is avalable from PC only.
Applicants must complete the Entry Sheet on the Competition's official website http://www.hipic.jp/ and upload the data of the following materials (1) to (4).
1. Create MY PAGE account
- you can work on your own page filling out Application Form and uploading accompanying materials.
- you can log out anytime while inputting the data, which can be saved and possible to update.
2. Prepare accompanying materials
1) A DVD file for Preliminary Selection
- Compress the produced DVD file containing VIDEO_TS folder stored on the DVD (in DVD-video format).
2) An image file
- An image file of a recent good color photo (with a resolution of 300dpi or higher/front facing, chest-up) for publicity use.
3) A PDF file of the applicant's passport or other official document that contains his/her name, nationality and birthday (a passport is recommended).
4) A PDF file of letters of recommendation from 2 eminent musicians, one of whom must be specialized in piano (any format is accepted).
3. Submit your application.Submit your application.
4. Results of Preliminary Selection
- All applicants are to be notified of 'Acceptance or Rejection' by June 30, 2018.
Interim Registration Process
- - Please register your Email to complete the Interim Registration process.
- - An Interim Registration Completion Notification will be send to the Email you have inputted once the Interim Registration process has been successfully completed.
- - Please confirm the details in the Email and follow the instructions to proceed to the Registration Process.
- * Please ensure you read and fully understand the 'Prospectus' And 'Handling of Personal Information' before completiong the Interim Registration process.
Registration is avalable from PC only.
I am afraid to say that please access from PC.
Application by post
1. Applicants must send the following materials (1) to (5) to the Secretariat's office and pay the entry fee.
(2) DVD of performance of the repertoire for Preliminary Selection.
- DVD created in DVD-video format.
- Recording and videotaping methods must strictly follow the notes in [Preliminary examination]
(3) Two recent glossy color photographs
- 7 x 10cm / front facing, chest-up / 300dpi or higher recommended
- for use in the program and other promotional materials, write your name on the back
(4) A copy of an official document that contains the applicant's name, nationality and date of birth (a passport is recommended)
(5) Letters of recommendation from two eminent musicians, one of whom must be specialized in piano (any format is accepted)
Applications to be sent to
Secretariat of the Hamamatsu International Piano Competition
c/o Hamamatsu Cultural Foundation,
111-1 Itaya-Machi, Naka-Ku, Hamamatsu-City, Shizuoka 430-7790 Japan
Payment of entry fee
Entry fee of 10,000 yen must be paid in Japanese yen by Sunday, April 15, 2018 by one of the following methods.
< Credit card >
Pay the entry fee by credit card via the entry fee payment form on the official website.
< Bank transfer >
Transfer the entry fee to the following bank account. The money must be received by the bank by the closing date
- BANK NAME:
- SHIZUOKA BANK (bank cord; 0149)
- BRANCHI NAME:
- Hamamatsu Chuo Branch (branch code; 368)
- BANK ADDRESS:
- 527 Itaya-machi, Naka-ku, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, 430-0928, Japan / Tel. +81-53-451-0051
- SWIFT CODE:
- SHIZJPJT (IBAN cord is not available in Japan.)
- ACCOUNT NAME:
- HAMAMATSU CULTURAL FOUNDATION
- ACCOUNT NUMBER：
- 0159823 (saving account)
- - Any applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- - Incomplete applications or applications which do not contain all accompanying items will not be considered for Preliminary Selection.
- - Application may not be accepted if the entry fee is not paid by the designated closing date.
- - Any charges associated with the payment of entry fee will be borne by the applicant.
- - Entry fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- - < Online application > Applicants must contact the Secretariat if they should not receive e-mail notifying the receipt of their applications within a week after submission.
- - < Application by post > Application materials will not be returned.